Michael plays in a band called Crossroads. Yep...he's mine. (I LOVE watching him play!)
They have practice on Thursday nights. His office doesn't close until 5:00 (he usually doesn't come home until 6:00 or later trying to wrap everything up) and practice starts at 6:00 two towns away. So unless I want him eating fast food every Thursday, I need to have a grab and go meal he can eat in the car. He usually flies in the door around 5:20 and is out the door by 5:30. Not exactly enough time to sit down and have a meal. This week he was quite happy to not hit up a drive through because he loves my Easy Quesadillas.
This is recipe hits the main three requirements in our house...quick, easy and super yummy. It literally took me less than 30 minutes to whip up one for each of us...and that is saying something since I am usually quick prep impaired. And, in this case, it also met the requirement of being portable! Extra Wife Score for me!
Next I heated up my handy dandy quesadilla maker that Cris got me for Christmas one year (hence the cute designs in my tortillas) and sprayed it with cooking spray. Then I placed one tortilla on the bottom, placed chicken strips evenly leaving enough room at the edges for them to be crimped together by the maker, added cheese and a little salsa. I topped it with another tortilla and close the quesadilla maker. It is important that you get the maker completely closed, otherwise it won't make it sealed around the edges...or the pretty little designs. ;)
Then wait a couple minutes until the green ready light lights up. Remove the quesadilla and cut into wedges with a pizza cutter and throw it on a paper plate. Then pour a little salsa for dipping in a sealable container and hand it all to your hubby as he flies out the door guitar in hand!
Then you repeat the process for the remaining quesadillas. For my family, that was a full one for myself and a half for Ryder.
Easy as can be!
2 Chicken Breasts
1 cup of cheese
1/4 cup of salsa
5 burrito tortillas
1. Sprinkle 2 chicken breasts with Lawry's seasoned salt
2. Place chicken on indoor grill and cook for time specified by manufacturer (for mine it is 5 minutes)
3. Remove chicken once it is cooked through and slice into thin strips
4. Spray heated quesadilla maker with cooking spray and place 1 tortilla on bottom of maker
5. Place a little more than 1/3 of the chicken evenly in center 3/4 of tortilla
6. Sprinkle a little more than 1/3 of the cheese on top of chicken
7. Drizzle a little more than 1/3 of the salsa over cheese and chicken
8. Place second tortilla on top and close quesadilla maker completely
9. When the ready light lights up, remove quesadilla and repeat the process for second quesadilla, use remaining ingredients for the third, smaller quesadilla (fold in half before closing the quesadilla maker)
10. Cut all three into wedges with a pizza cutter and serve with salsa